if you consider Disney World as a fully integrated art-piece philosophically you will see the inevitable progression to places like Dubai and the direction NYC has been headed in for the past decade or so.
Yes. (And I’d add, maybe we should ask why we don’t like that.)
In a post industrial information economy, America doesn’t make things anymore we make ‘experiences.’
Walt Disney understood this before anyone else.
I repeat, the only honest work of art I could ever really make that would fully integrate every economic, social, political and infrastructure ramification in contemporary America would be to own and operate a McDonald’s franchise.
- typewritergirl likes this
- chilcott likes this
- thejk likes this
- doctordisaster likes this
- bunnybundy likes this
- bloodycowards likes this
- justbeingmylie likes this
- onemanbandstand likes this
- deepomega reblogged this from particleb0red and added:
- deepomega likes this
- derrickmartincampbell likes this
- hilaryrodhamclinton likes this
- particleb0red posted this